After repeated lost emails I thought it made sense to create a quick guide to being a guest on The First 1000 so that you know the process and what is needed from you.
High Level Process
Here are the core steps to go from - you've agreed to come on the show, all the way to publish day.
- We set up a <30 min pre lim call - this is so you can understand what TF1000 is trying to do, Matt's background and so he can understand your journey and you. Book Matt at https://matthewquinn.youcanbook.me/
- Set up a recording call - after the prelim call when everything is flexing well we can set up a recording call. The recording call is run on anchor. Book in at https://matthewquinn.youcanbook.me/
- Record the episode - YOU SHOULD HAVE GOOD WIFI & BE IN A QUIET ROOM. This is done on anchor.fm - you will need the app installed on your phone and your account attached the email I have for you. On the agreed call date & time I will invite you to a recording through Anchor.
- Go through questions - we try soooo hard not to script these episodes but we don't like awkward moments and try to get it all in in 20 mins - so it makes sense to have some rough answers in your mind to the core questions (below)
- You send Matt a profile picture - this goes on all the episode artwork
- Matt edits and publishes the episode - each episode currently gets around 1000 listens in a one week period. If you would like, Matt can give you a heads up on the release date. If you want to promote it too, that would be awesome!
- Asks - Matt does a monthly update email. Half professional, half personal. He loves to work on new challenges that will shape the way we live/do business in the next 10 years. After the recording - make sure you pass on any asks you have so he can include them/intro you to the +500 person list. This includes recommendations for other guests.
As mentioned above - we don't scripted episodes, but these questions provide structure
- Elevator pitch for company
- Your background and interesting fact?
- Why this product/problem?
- Where did you get the idea?
- How did you validate the idea?
- Okay so you validated the idea - what next? (Go to market) Where did the first1000 come from?
- Hardest challenge so far?
- Book/content you read this year that you would recommend? (the more unheard of the better!)
- If you have a product for consumers or SMBs - special news/product offering/discount plug? (Let Matt know before recording)